What is Curl Flo?
First I’ll share a little more about Curl Flo. Their products are developed by curl specialists and powered by natural ingredients. The brand’s slogan is: embrace your curls. One way they help with that, is by adding nice scents to their products. Which is such a good idea, because how nice is it when a hair product smells good? You notice it in the shower, but also in the following days when you smell your hair! That’s why Curl Flo hair products include:
- Lemongrass: rich in vitamin B, which strengthens hair follicles and promotes healthy hair
- Green tea: rich in antioxidants to promote hair growth from the hair follicle
- Marshmallow root extract: gentle on the scalp and provides a good slip
Good to know: Curl Flo hair products are CG-friendly and suitable for all curl types. All products are therefore free from sulfates, silicones, parabens, drying alcohol and chemicals. They are handmade with organic and natural ingredients. And their products come in recyclable bottles.
Curl Flo Lemongrass & Avocado conditioner
Curl Flo Organic Lemongrass & Avocado conditioner is packed with natural and nourishing ingredients, to detangle and hydrate your hair without weighing it down. It’s suitable for coily, curly and wavy hair and is protein-free. You can use it as a conditioner or as a deep conditioner by letting it sit for 15 minutes. The main ingredients of this conditioner are:
- Avocado Butter: a very nutritious natural conditioner. It’s nourishing and great for treating dry, damaged hair
- Rosemary: the ultimate natural conditioning essential oil, it stimulates the hair follicles and improves hair growth
- Organic Lemongrass Oil: rich in vitamin B, it strengthens the hair follicles which promotes healthy hair
I love the packaging of the products! Pink and turquoise are my favorite colors, so I was already sold by only looking at them. But the product itself is great too. The scent is amazing. The conditioner doesn’t have a strong overpowering scent, but it’s nice and fresh. You mainly smell avocado and lemon, and every now and then a hint of rosemary. Nice! Furthermore, it has a thick structure. I used a generous amount after shampooing, and left it on for about 5-10 minutes for a deep condition. I noticed that it didn’t immediately soften my hair, but it did after I rinsed it out. I clearly need to have a little more patience. 😉
Curl Flo Marshmallow Root leave-in conditioner
Curl Flo Marshmallow Root leave-in conditioner provides soft, shiny and frizz-free curls. This is mainly due to the marshmallow root extract. It’s suitable for coily, curly and wavy hair and is protein-free. Use the leave-in conditioner on clean wet hair if it needs extra moisturising or manageability before styling your hair. The main ingredients of this leave-in conditioner are:
- Marshmallow root extract: great for soothing and relieving the scalp and hair, and it is also great for slip.
- Organic Lemongrass Oil: rich in vitamin B. It strengthens the hair follicles which promotes healthy hair
In contrast to the Curl Flo Organic Lemongrass & Avocado conditioner, the leave-in has a slightly stronger scent. A very nice, sweet scent! Furthermore, it’s a bit thinner in structure than the conditioner, but still creamy and soft. Very nice to use!
After the leave-in conditioner, I used Bouclème Curl Defining Gel. A while later, after popping, diffusing and scrunching out the gel cast, this is the result:
Do you have any questions about Curl Flo? Feel free to ask them in the comments!